ILG training and events
The Coronial Reforms Two Years On:
Funding, Inquest Practice and Procedure, and Coronial Judicial Review
Date: 26 June 2015
Time: 13.00 – 17.00
Venue: Doughty Street Chambers, Manchester
Pall Mall Court, 61-67 King Street, Manchester, M2 4PD
The INQUEST Lawyers Group warmly invites you to a half-day conference on the coronial reforms, the current regime, and the challenges facing inquest practitioners.
Specialist inquest practitioners, including Fiona Borrill (Assistant Coroner), Deborah Coles (INQUEST), Sara Lomri (Bindmans), Henrietta Hill QC (Doughty Street Chambers), Gemma Vine (Lester Morrill), Nancy Collins (Irwin Mitchell), Caoilfhionn Gallagher (Doughty Street Chambers) and Jesse Nicholls (Garden Court Chambers), will cover a wide range of the current key issues in inquest law, procedure and practice, including:
· Funding: effective applications, securing ECF, the LAA guidance following Letts v Lord Chancellor, and challenging funding decisions.
· Disclosure, the conduct of inquest and pre-inquest hearings, and jury inquests.
· Coronial law under the new regime: the Chief Coroner’s law sheets, the guidance on coronial conclusions, and an overview of recent inquest judicial review.
· Open justice and media reporting restrictions at inquests.
· Solicitor and barrister experiences under the new regime, and practical tips for effective representation.
The conference will carry 4 hours of accredited CPD and training materials will be provided to all delegates.
Cost: £50 for INQUEST Lawyers Group members, £75 for non-members, £35 for junior barristers (less than 3 years call + pupils). All proceeds go to INQUEST and will help to support their vital work.
Drinks and refreshments will be provided courtesy of Doughty Street Chambers.
Please book early to avoid disappointment and let us know you’ve paid by email. You can pay online using paypal below.
|Booking rates for ILG Training Manchester June 2015:|
|Junior barristers (less than 3 years call & pupils)||