- » Media
- » Press releases
- » Met police gross misconduct hearing on death of Olaseni Lewis to conclude in public tomorrow
Met police gross misconduct hearing on death of Olaseni Lewis to conclude in public tomorrow
The outcome of a Metropolitan Police disciplinary hearing will be heard in public tomorrow. The hearing, which opened on 11 September has been examining whether the actions of six police officers relating to the death of Olaseni Lewis amount to gross misconduct.
Further details can be found on the press release for the opening here. For full information on the circumstances of Olaseni’s death see the press release which following the inquest conclusion here.
NOTES TO EDITORS
For further information, please contact Lucy McKay on 020 7263 1111 or email@example.com
• For registration to attend the hearing details are as follows:
Gross Misconduct Hearing regarding the death of Mr Olaseni Lewis, Hearing room, 14th Floor. Officers: PS Simon Smith, PC Michael Aldridge, PC Stephen Boyle, DC Laura Curran, PC Ian Simpson, PC James Smith
• The Met press notice on the hearing can be found here.
• INQUEST has been working with the family of Olaseni Lewis since his death in September 2010. The family is represented by INQUEST Lawyers Group members Raju Bhatt and Sophie Naftalin of Bhatt Murphy Solicitors.
• The family campaign can be found at: www.justiceforseni.com